The Muscowpetung Saulteaux Nation Post Secondary Students Assistance program is a federally funded program by the Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada. The PSSA Program follows their own Post Secondary Education Policy as well as the Indigenous and Northern Affairs National Program Guidelines. The program provides supports to students attending post secondary education such as tuition, living allowance and book allowance.
PSSAP student selections are done by the Muscowpetung Saulteaux Nation Education Authority Board and the Post Secondary Coordinator. The board consists of the following Muscowpetung members: Blair Stonechild, Kerry Benjoe and Charles Pratt.
The PSSA Program provides funding to those students who are eligible and meet the required deadlines. The Education Authority Board meets for a comprehensive meeting in July where all selections are made and all funding is allocated for the upcoming academic year. There is a deadline in October – the Board will meet if there is any funding available to allocate.
Trade programs will be looked at on a case-by-case basis – please ensure you have pursued all trade funding options before you apply for Post Secondary Funding.
Students must meet the following requirements in order to apply for funding
1) Must have applied and been accepted to an eligible institution
2) Eligible programs must be 8 months in length per year
3) Eligible programs are: Certificate, Undergraduate, Masters, PHd
4) The institution chosen must be listed as an Eligible Institution on the canlearn.ca website. (http://www.canlearn.ca/eng/tools/designated/index.shtml)
5) Applicant must be in good standing with the Muscowpetung Saulteaux Nation
Muscowpetung Saulteaux Nation Post Secondary Education Department
Post Secondary Coordinator
PO Box 1310
Fort Qu’Appelle SK S0G 1S0
Office Phone: 306-522-7494
Cell Phone: 306-531-3359