Our vision at Muscowpetung Educational Centre is to provide the educational supports needed by our students now, so they will be able to compete and be functioning members of society.
In our Saulteaux/Anishinabe culture, families are fundamental to the success of all children. Within the family circle all members have a role in the nurturing of our children.
To develop a positive self-identity children must be taught their language, heritage and history. Family and Elder’s teachings prepare them for life’s challenges in today’s modern society, grounded in the richness of our culture.
Our ancestors believe each child is a gift from the Creator to care and provide for, nurture, love and above all respect, cherish and honor for all time. Our commitment to our young people is to pass on the legacy of a proud heritage, secure in their knowledge of contributions of our Saulteaux/Anishinabe Culture. With this support our children will develop and maintain a strong educational foundation.
We honor our community with a nurturing, caring and supportive learning environment. For this we strive in our professional capacities as educators.
Our school maintains a philosophy of inclusion, with the goal of full-time integration of any child, who may not be experiencing 100% involvement in their regular classroom. Our mission is to provide children with guidance and support in making positive choices not only within the context and setting of the school, but also within the greater community. Our students are encouraged to use the Circle of Courage, focusing on four values:
We view parents and families as essential partners in the education of our students. We encourage our parents to be involved in classroom and school activities. Working together, we can develop a school where we all feel safe and valued, growing together in an atmosphere of support and mutual respect.
Muscowpetung Educational Centre
1. Doris Charette – Principal/ Pre-K/Kindergarten Teacher
2. Jessica Thompson – Head Start
3. Tara Whitehorse – Grade 1/2/3
4. Crystal Sandy – Grade 4/5
5. Clorice Delorme – Grade 6/7/8
6. Cora Starlight-Cappo – Learning Resource Teacher/Behavior Teacher
7. Lynette Keepness – Educational Assistant
8. Robert Anaquod – Educational Assistant
9. Luke Cappo – Educational Assistant
10. Riley Cappo – Educational Assistant
11. Lakeisha Cappo – Educational Assistant
12. Brittany Keepness – Educational Assistant
13. Jaime McKay – Nutritionist/Cook
14. Jamie Keepness – Administrative Assistant
15. Conrad Cappo – Custodian
16. Arion Toto – Custodian
17. Terence Cappo – Bus Driver
18. Justin Cappo – Bus Monitor
- Fountas & Pinnell Reading Assessment for all of our students.
- FHQTC has provided our school with 20 acoustic guitars and weekly lessons
- Flute lessons are provided weekly
- Tae Kwon Do Lessons weekly for all of our students.
- Gymnastics and Swimming for all students weekly.
- Drumming/Dancing practice weekly
- Family Literacy Nights
- A huge thank-you to Ms. Angela Pratt for getting our students registered for STEMfast 2nd International Science and Technology Fair in Saskatoon.
- Grades 6-8 travelled to Regina to participate in Mining Matter Workshop
- Road to Freedom Workshop with star of “Mohawk Girls” on APTN, Kyle Nobess. This 3 evening workshop consisted of Personal Development/ Healthy Living/ Acting and Script Writing and Goal Setting.
- Our students were invited to attend a workshop at Payepot School, where they had an opportunity to meet the Tornado Hunters, a reality T.V Show.
- Agribition Field Trip for all students.
- FHQTC Kids Cooking Club a fun, interactive and educational class for our students to learn about healthy eating, practise basic cooking skills and enjoy a nutritious meal they prepare.
- FHQTC Health Services is providing a monthly workshop for grades 6-8 focusing on Building Self-Esteem.
- Future Stars Soccer Program for Pre-K and Kindergarten students.
- Elder visits to our classrooms.
- First Aid/CPR Training for all Educational Staff.
- FHQTC is updating our library with shelving and 3 new computers to monitor our borrowing system.
- FHQTC purchased a Smart Board for our Head Start Program.